Size: 48 (the European size 42).
You will need:
- 450 g yarn (mohair);
- needles 3,5 and 4 mm;
- circular knitting needles 3mm;
- hook 3mm;
- 4 buttons.
- 5 rows – garter stitch,
- 1 row – purl stitches.
The main pattern "Double English Rib":
- 1 (initial) row: 2 knit stitches, 2 purl stitches;
- 2 row and all the following: each knit stitch make as a knit stitch into the stitch of the row below, each purl stitch make as a purl stitch.
Gauge/tension: 18 stitches x 42 rows = 10 x 10 ñm.
1/2 front and back, 1/2 sleeve:
Back: cast 90 stitches on needles 4mm and make 23 cm according to the main pattern. At the height of 23 cm from the beginning cast 6 stitches for the armholes at both sides off. For a neckline at the height of 48 cm from the beginning cast 14 middle stitches off and then complete the both sides separately. For neckline rounding in each 2 row cast 4 stitches off three times.
At the height of 51 cm from the beginning cast 20 stitches off of the shoulder.
Left and right front: cast 52 stitches on needles 4mm and make according to the main pattern. For slants from the inner part cast 1 stitch in each 8th row 26 times. At the height of 23 cm from the beginning cast 6 stitches for the slants off. At the height of 51 cm from the beginning cast 20 stitches off of the shoulder.
Make the second front symmetrically.
Sleeve: cast 50 stitches on needles 4mm and make according to the main pattern. For slants add at both sides 1 stitch in each 8th row 24 times (=98 stitches). At the height of 47 cm from the beginning knit straight, after 4 cm cast 2 stitches at both sides in each 2nd row. At the height of 58 cm from the beginning cast all the stitches off.
At the bottom of the sleeve cast 32 stitches on needles 3,5mm and make 24 rows of trimming stripe, cast the stitches off.
Gathers: make shoulder seams. For placket cast 244 stitches on the circular needles from the bottom of a forepart till the bottom of the second one and knit 12 rows of trimming stripe, cast the stitches off. Make side seams.
At the bottom of the article cast 190 stitches on the circular needles and knit 24 rows of trimming stripe. At the same time make 2 holes for buttons in the 6th and 18th rows: cast 3 stitches off after 5 stitches from the selvedge one and after 20 stitches from this hole cast 3 stitches more, in the next row cast 3 stitches on instead of stitches casted off, then knit according to the picture. Cast the stitches off. Make seams of the sleeves.
Crochet the buttons:
- make a chain of 5-6 hanging loops, make a ring;
- 1st row: 10-12 single crochets in the ring;
- 2nd row: 2 double crochets in each stitch of the previous row; place a button onto the ring;
- 3rd row: make together 2 incomplete double crochets, crochetered one by one from each stitch of the previous row;
- in the 4th row make together 2 incomplete single crochets, break the thread and fasten.
Sew the buttons on the left front.
SOURCE: Magazine «Ksiusha. For those who like knitting and crocheting»